Supervisor Training – Instructor-led training online.
Courses are also delivered as Instructor-led training online. Instructors deliver training in a classroom format, as an interactive workshop, demonstrating with the opportunity for learners to practice, virtually, using video-conferencing tools. The instructors have facilitation and teaching skills, where they use different methods to engage learners and embrace different learning styles. Please contact us if you would discuss this further. Contact Us.
New supervisor training (Essential Management Skills)
This supervisor training course is for new or recently promoted supervisors or team leaders and deals with exceptional supervisory skills, managing staff, reporting back, delegation and how to motivate your team to achieve results. Supervisors and Team Leaders have to manage people but still work as part of the team. Being a first line supervisor is a challenging role, requiring very good people management skills. This course is ideal for recently promoted supervisors/team leaders or for those in the role who has had no formal training and wants a refresher course. This course will help you develop the key skills needed to organise and direct the work effort of your team. You will be given clear guidelines on each topic and will have the opportunity to hone your skills with the practical exercises
This supervisor training course is ILM (institute of Learning & Management) approved and you can opt to receive an ILM certificate and 6 months access to the ILM resource centre for an additional £59
Benefit from upgrading to ILM Certificate
Leadership and management LearningZone
Master the essentials of management in the ILM LearningZone, which includes digital learning materials developed by professors from some of the world’s top business schools.
Build a strong CV from scratch, find out how to promote your key skills and use our job search to research the latest opportunities from thousands of job sites, newspapers, associations and company career sites.
What you learn:
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- State the key aspects of their role as a supervisor / team leader, and demonstrate how to put these into practice
- Understand their own values and motivations in the workplace, gain insight into those of others, and explain how this can be used to get the best out of their team
- Get appropriate and realistic standards/objectives for their team and for individuals within it
- Describe a model of team leadership and how they can put this into practice in their workplace
- Describe a wide range of different ways in which they can support the development of their team members and help them learn
- Give people effective feedback to improve and correct performance
- Delegate activities to team members effectively
- Explain their role in implementing formal people management procedures, such as discipline and attendance
- Produce an action plan to help them transfer their learning into the workplace
During the course you cover
The topics covered in this supervisor training course are:
- Introduction and Welcome
- Understanding the Role of the Supervisor /Team Leader
- Understanding Yourself and Others
- Getting the Best out of People
- The 5 Key Roles of the Supervisor / Team Leader – Lead, Communicate, Plan, Organise, Control
- Setting Standards and Objectives
- A Model of Supervision / Team Leadership
- Developing Your Team
- Effective Feedback
- People Management Policies and Procedures – The Role of the Supervisor / Team Leader
- Personal Action Planning
- Course Evaluation and Close
Course Booking Information:
We have a large selection of classroom courses, On line Courses, as well as courses that are a blend of both online and classroom learning methods. To book public course simply select the date and venue you want a pay online. If you need help please contact us.
New Supervisor Training
- New supervisor Training Course
My Course was the one day New Supervisor Training, which I found very interesting and learnt some invaluable skills to help me in my newly promoted position within my organisation. Lindsey Hobley - Wirral