Aims and Objectives:
What you learn:
Your role as a secretary Time management / Diary management Minute taking / Speed reading Touch typing Communication skills
During the course you cover:
- What makes a successful secretary?
- Defining your role and what is required of a highly proficient secretary
- Identifying the skills and qualities for success
- Completion of a SWOT analysis
- Developing your role and determining the way forward
- Understanding your manager’s role Contributing to your manager’s success
- Defining your own and your manager’s/team’s objectives
- Building a successful working relationship with your manager and team members
- Balancing the needs of more than one manager
- Communicating effectively through assertiveness
- Effective listening and questioning skills
- Building rapport in face-to-face communication
- Identifying passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour
- Saying no without feeling guilty
- Handling difficult behaviours, people & situations
- Interacting effectively at all levels – dealing with difficult people Identifying and dealing with the underlying causes of difficult behaviour
- Adopting an appropriate approach in a variety of situations
- Taking greater control and responsibility
Format & Duration:
View the opinion of a recent delegate on our PA Secretary Training Course
Contact us now and talk to one of our advisers to ask any question you may have about our training.
- Secretary / PA Development
What I would highlight
I found the Secretary / PA Development course very informative, easy to follow and it kept me engaged from the very beginning. The trainer was very knowledgeable and went through every stage step by step. She made the session enjoyable with humour. The course materials supplied were of high quality, I was very impressed. I would recommend Taylor Mason Training with no hesitation. I think it is a good value for money.
What could be improved
Would you recommend this course? Yes.