This is a repeating course20/04/2020 9:15 am
2020mon27jan9:30 am4:30 pmEvent OverMinute Taking In Meetings - LondonMake Meetings more Effective9:30 am - 4:30 pm London Marble Arch, Garfield House 86 Edgware Road London W2 2EA Training Course Price : £295
To book your course simply click add to cart & checkout
Minute Taking Course London
Book Online now!
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this course!
Training Course Price
Training Course Detials
Training Course Detials
Minute Taking In Meetings
This minute taking in meetings training course helps you to learn to take and write professional meeting minutes and to do so more easily and accurately. The minute taking in meetings training course is suitable for any type of meeting that you take minutes in.
Attending this course enables you to provide your organisation with a set of professional minutes each and every time. To ensure that you are ready to take minutes the course uses a combination of both theory and practical activities allowing you to practice taking minutes before you return to work.
The minute taking course can be adapted to suit your level of experience with taking minutes, but on the whole, it is suitable for anyone involved in meeting minutes.
Overall the aim of the training course is to enable you to write meeting minutes professionally, reduce the amount of wording required, save time and effort to produce effective minutes and to enhance the level of meeting communication for the organisation, the chair and meeting members.
Meeting minutes samples
This minute taking course carries no pre coursework as we provide everything you need on the day. However, if you feel that you would like to bring samples of minutes that you have created for checking then this can be fed into the group and practical areas of the course.
What you learn:
During the minute taking in meetings training you learn how to:
- Work with the chair
- Minutes preparation
- Formatting the agenda and the meeting minutes
- Taking good (but not copious) minute notes
- Writing clear meeting minutes
During the course you cover:
Taking meeting minutes – writing minutes – minute taking
- Purpose of meetings
- Purpose and styles of minutes
- Determining how much detail is needed
- Formats and content of the agenda
- Formats and content of the meeting minutes
- How to prepare well for minute taking
- Who is responsible for what?
- Working with the chair – getting his/her help with your minute taking
- Listening skills
- Improving note taking
- Turning notes into meeting minutes
- Editing summary and action plans
Minute Taking – The Agenda
- The purpose content and structure of the meeting’s agenda
- What the items mean
- Writing the agenda as a control tool for the chair
- Adequate and inadequate agendas
Minute Taking – Format of Meeting Minutes
- What goes where?
- Making the minutes useful but easy to read
- Terminology such as in attendance, apologies, matters arising, committee business, any other business, etc
- Coping with items like part-time attendance, in-hand, completed, etc
Minute Taking – Responsibilities and Preparation
- You and the chair – Who does what?
- Before, during and after the meeting
- Good preparation
- Building a working partnership
Minute Taking – Listening and Note Taking:
- Barriers to good listening
- What gets in the way?
- Overcoming the barriers
- Tips for improving listening when taking minutes
- Workable ideas for improving note taking
- Keeping up
- What to do when you get lost
- Using the 80:20 rule
Minute Taking – From Notes to Meeting Minutes
- A professional writer’s technique to make writing minutes easier and better
- Writing the draft minutes – just one draft!
- Editing the draft minutes into the final version
All our in-house training course are available tailored to yours and your companies/delegates need with our CTP (customised training programme) solution. Designed to meet any challenge or level required. Ask for a full proposal for your training, tailored to suit you.
Taylor Mason Training provides both open public Training courses in a wide range of disciplines and internal, tailored courses to match your company’s specific technical requirements.
*If you’d like to register your interest in any course, in any location (we often train around the world), then please get in touch with your suggestion.
Contact us now and talk to one of our advisers to ask any question you may have about our training.
Course Feed Back
- Course Feedback Rating
“Brilliant, really enjoyed the course”
monday 27 january 2020 9:30 AM - monday 27 january 2020 4:30 PM
Other course dates at this location
20/04/2020 9:15 am12/05/2020 9:15 am18/06/2020 9:15 am16/07/2020 9:15 am10/09/2020 9:15 am20/10/2020 9:15 am
Taylor MasonTraining for the Workplace & Individuals0843 289 1713 PO Box 3125 450 Brook Drive Reading RG1 9RX
Microsoft Course London & South East