Project Management Fundamentals
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for delegates with basic/no knowledge of project management tools or techniques, and who are now looking to be involved in projects.
Typical backgrounds will include new project managers, project administrators or support staff, requiring the fundamentals of Project Management.
This course will benefit both you and your organisation, introducing you to important project management techniques, key terminology and current methodology. This 1-day workshop will also provide the ideal preparation for more advanced Project Management courses.
Fundamentals of Project Management
- Identify the features and characteristics of a project
- Identify the steps and variables of the project management process
Characteristics of a project
- Internal/external environments, influence of stakeholders, functional, project and matrix project structures
- Identify functions, skills, responsibilities of the project manager
- Elements required to staff a project team, benefits of team building
Project initiation and scope planning
- Process of selection and initiation. Components of a project charter
- Understand the scope statement and statement of work, understand how scope documents prevent scope creep
Scope definition, verification, and change control
- Process and benefits of scope definition and verification.
- How to develop a work breakdown structure (WBS) and work packages
- Identify information required to verify a project's scope, and determine the timing of the scope verification
- Understand how and why to use a scope change control system
- The importance of creating a project database
- Identify the purpose of activity definition and sequencing
- Identify techniques for estimating activity duration
Schedule development and control
- Describe the schedule development process
- List the different ways project schedules and be presented
- Implement schedule control, level resources, and calculate schedule variances
Resource identification and cost approximating
- Use WBS to assign the best resources to project activities
- Understand how to assign resources and their types
- Determine methods for estimating costs and use risk and activity duration to modify cost estimates
Budgeting and cost control
- Describe how to use an S-curve chart
- Understand when and how capital budgeting and depreciation methods are used
- Identify methods of using cost and schedule variance to track performance
|Standard||Mon 6 Jun 2016||Bloomsbury||£460|
|Standard||Wed 31 Aug 2016||Limehouse||£460|
|Standard||Mon 19 Sep 2016||Bloomsbury||£460|
|Standard||Fri 7 Oct 2016||Bloomsbury||£460|
|Standard||Fri 21 Oct 2016||Bloomsbury||£460|
|Standard||Mon 7 Nov 2016||Limehouse||£460|
|Standard||Tue 22 Nov 2016||Limehouse||£460|
|Standard||Wed 7 Dec 2016||Bloomsbury||£460|
|Standard||Wed 21 Dec 2016||Limehouse||£460|
|Standard||Thu 5 Jan 2017||Limehouse||£460|
|Standard||Mon 13 Feb 2017||Limehouse||£460|
|Standard||Wed 22 Mar 2017||Bloomsbury||£460|
|Standard||Thu 27 Apr 2017||Bloomsbury||£460|
|Standard||Fri 2 Jun 2017||Limehouse||£460|
|Standard||Mon 5 Jun 2017||Limehouse||£460|
|Standard||Tue 6 Jun 2017||Bloomsbury||£460|
Training is held in our modern, comfortable, air-conditioned suites
Modern-spec IT, fully networked with internet access
"What do I get on the day?"
Lunch is provided at a local restaurant or pub. Joining information (how to get to our venues)
Courses start at 9:30am.
Please aim to be with us for 9:15am.
Available throughout the day:
- Hot beverages
- Clean, filtered water
Reasons to use us.
- Transparent quality control
- Live 12-month schedule/bookings
- Courses never cancelled
- Reschedule in seconds
- Online quote
- 24 months training support