Specifically designed for New Managers including Team Leaders/Supervisors This essential management skills course is for new or recently promoted team managers and deals with exceptional management skills, managing staff, reporting back, delegation and how to motivate your team to achieve results. Being a new manager is a challenging role, requiring good people management skills, able to prioritise, set standards and make decisions for the team and the organisation. This essential management skills course is ideal for recently promoted managers/team leaders/supervisors or for those in the role who has had no previous formal training. Designed to help you develop the key skills needed to organise and direct the work effort of your team. You are given clear guidelines on each topic and have the opportunity to hone your skills with the practical exercises linked to real life issues/challenges.
What you learn:
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- State the key aspects of their role as a new manager, and demonstrate how to put these into practice
- Understand their own values and motivations in the workplace, gain insight into those of others, and explain how this can be used to get the best out of their team
- Get appropriate and realistic standards/objectives for their team and for individuals within it
- Describe a model of team leadership and how they can put this into practice in their workplace
- Describe a wide range of different ways in which they can support the development of their team members and help them learn
- Give people effective feedback to improve and correct performance
- Delegate activities to team members effectively
- Explain their role in implementing formal people management procedures, such as discipline and attendance
- Produce an action plan to help them transfer their learning into the workplace
During the course you cover:
- Introduction and Welcome
- Understanding the Role of the Manager
- Understanding Yourself and Others
- Getting the Best out of People
- The 5 Key Roles of the Manager – Lead, Communicate, Plan, Organise, Control
- Setting Standards and Objectives
- A Model of Management / Team Leadership
- Developing Your Team
- Effective Feedback
- People Management Policies and Procedures – The Role of the Manager
- Personal Action Planning
- Course Evaluation and Close
All our in-house training course are available tailored to yours and your companies/delegates needs with our CTP (customised training programme) solution. Designed to meet any challenge or level required. Ask for a full proposal for your training, tailored to suit you.
Course Booking Information:
What Our Customers Say About Our training
I sent 3 delegates to this course. All 3 were delighted with the approach which was not as expected, but has seemed to be most effective. The Tutor was excellent and rang the delegates prior to the course, and has kept in touch since. Very pleased and would use Taylor Mason again.
Anne Seymour DurkinTouch Typing
“Brilliant & very helpful, I have learnt a lot in the 2 days that I can put into practice”
Rea Webster - OLIVER & OHLBAUM ASSOCIATESSectretary PA
“Very impressed with the tips and tricks”
Penny Lloyd - Wallingford Hydro SolutionsTime Management
This was a useful training session, very good
Farhanna Uddin - Maidstone Borough CouncilMinute Taking
The feedback from the delegates showed that despite the many challenges of the day, the training was well received and met the requirements and expectations of those who attended.
Westminster Foundation For DemocracySage 50 account training
My Course was the one day New Supervisor Training, which I found very interesting and learnt some invaluable skills to help me in my newly promoted position within my organisation.
Lindsey Hobley - WirralSupervisor Training
“My tutor was very good and i would like to do a course with him again at a later date.”
Tara Breheny,Word Intermediate
The course was very useful and the… The course was very useful and the trainer made it fun. Some brilliant tips have been learnt.