Becoming Management Material
This three-day workshop is a tool for your leadership development. It is designed to help you create and accomplish your personal best, and to help you lead others to get extraordinary things done.
At its core, leadership means setting goals, lighting a path, and persuading others to follow. But the responsibility entails much more. Leaders must get their message out in a way that inspires, make the most of their limited time, and build roads to precious resources. They must negotiate alliances, improve their colleagues, and align the ambitions of the many with the needs of the organisation.
What makes for a great leader? Is it something to do with inward characteristics, such as confidence and focus? Is it more about outward presence, including charm and compassion? Or is it about the ability to create a vision and get others to commit to it?
The answer is all of the above. By accepting the challenge to lead, you come to realise that the only limits are those you place on yourself.
What will I learn
The current outline for becoming management material course enables participants to:
- Define your role as a manager and identify how that role differs from other roles you have had.
- Understand the management challenge and the new functions of management.
- Discover how you can prepare for and embrace the forces of change.
- Identify ways to get you and your work-space organised and get a jump on the next crisis.
- Identify your leadership profile and explore ways to use this knowledge to improve your success as a manager.
- Enhance your ability to communicate with others in meetings and through presentations.
- Create an action plan for managing your career success.
During this interactive, linked and practical business leadership course, you learn about:
- Learning organisations
- Peter Senge’s learning disciplines
- What leadership is and is not (including servant leadership)
- Kouzes and Posner’s five leadership practices
- Core skills like communication, body language, delegation, meetings, and time management
- Understanding the trust cycle and building trust
- Managing change
- SWOT analysis and problem solving
- Giving effective, constructive feedback
- Building good relationships
Training Delivery Options
All our in-house training course are available tailored to yours and your companies/delegates needs with our CTP (customised training programme) solution. Designed to meet any challenge or level required. Ask for a full proposal for your training, tailored to suit you.
In-house training at your premises – £949 for a group of up to 12 per day (ex travel*)
Duration: This course is delivered over: 3 days
*All prices are excluding travel which is charged with at 45 pence per mile.
This course is currently unavailable as a public course
Contact us now and talk to one of our advisers to ask any question you may have about our training.