Negotiating for Results Course
People who can master the art of negotiation find they can save time, save money, develop a higher degree of satisfaction with outcomes at home and at work and earn greater respect in the workplace. Negotiating is a fundamental fact of life at any level. Whether you are working on a project or fulfilling support duties, this two day course will provide you with a basic comfort level to negotiate with both internal and external clients. This interactive course includes techniques to promote effective communications and gives you techniques for turning face to face confrontation into side by side problem solving
What will I learn
The current outline for the negotiating for results course teaches you to:
- Understand how often we all negotiate and the benefits of good negotiation skills.
- Recognise the importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances.
- Identify the various negotiation styles and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Develop strategies for dealing with tough or unfair tactics.
- Gain skill in developing alternatives and recognising options.
- Have the opportunity to practice the “how to” of these skills in a supportive environment.
- Understand basic negotiation principles, including BATNA, WATNA, WAP, and the ZOPA.
During this interactive, linked and practical negotiation course, you will learn to:
- What is negotiation?
- The successful negotiator
- Paring for negotiation
- The nuts and bolts
- Making the right impression
- Getting off to a good start
- Exchanging information
- The bargaining stage
- Inventing options for mutual gain
- Getting past No and getting yes
- Dealing with negative emotions
- Moving from bargaining to closing
- The closing stage
- We can vary the course content of our Time Management Course to meet the exact needs of your organisation, support and improve progress.
- Taylor Mason Training delivers professional and accredited training & development solutions to a wide range of organisations across the spectrum, encompassing FTSE 100 companies, Public sector organisations through to SMEs.
- Run In House In-house Courses – £949 per day Duration: This course is delivered over: 2 days
*All prices are excluding travel charged at 45 pence per mile.