Working Positively with Diversity
This equality diversity course is perfect for diverse teams and organisations. Working positively with diversity provides motivated and included team members.
This diversity training course will give you an overview and understanding of the key issues relating to diversity in the workplace – what is diversity, what it looks and feels like in practice, and why it is important to the success of your organisation, your team and your colleagues.
Our diversity course is practically based and interactive in nature, utilising a range of learning methods including pair’s exercises, tutor input, plenary discussion, group work and case studies.
What will I learn
The current outline for this working positively with diversity training course enables you to:
- What is diversity?
- Define diversity and how it differs from a traditional view of equal opportunities
- Explain a range of benefits to taking a diversity led approach to the workplace
- Use appropriate equality diversity language and terminology within the workplace
- Describe the content of their own diversity, equal opportunities policies, and consider their responses to a range of ‘real world’ diversity issues
- Describe the consequences and effects of harassment and bullying
- Explain how harassment and bullying situations should be dealt with, in line with organisational policy
- Define cultural diversity and some of the ways that it manifests itself – in all aspects of life
- Describe some of the ways in which different groups of people differ, in terms of cultural diversity – such as customs and practices, and ways of communicating
- State their response to a number of practical issues of cultural difference, which they may experience as part of their job
- Prepare a personal action plan for how to transfer their learning from today back to the workplace
During this working positively with diversity training course, you will learn about:
- Defining Equality and Diversity
- Benefits of Diversity to an organisation
- Equality and Diversity and the Law
- Diversity in the organisation
- Diversity in practice – Examples and case studies
- Language and Terminology
- Harassment and Bullying
- Performance management or bullying?
- Cultural diversity – an introduction
- Cultural diversity in practice – Examples and case studies
- Personal action planning
- Evaluation and Close
Run In House: In-house Courses – £949 per day
Duration: This course is delivered over: 1 day
*All prices are excluding travel charged at 45 pence per mile.
This course is currently unavailable as a public course.