Getting recruitment wrong can be costly both in terms of time, expenditure and impact to the business. Not only is there scope for discrimination claims and subsequent costs, but selecting the wrong person for the job could mean that the job is not carried out as it is meant to, individuals struggle to meet the required standards of performance, and subsequently leads to high staff turnover and having to start the recruitment process again.
This course focuses on giving managers and supervisors responsible for recruitment the expertise to deliver legal and effective recruitment campaigns, including shortlisting, selection and interviewing.Design and implement the most appropriate recruitment and selection process for your organisation.
Understand how to tailor the interview process to get the most important information from your candidates, refine your own behaviour to ensure the right candidate is selected and ensure your whole employee selection process remains legally compliant with our recruitment and selection training.
Suitable for management or HR professionals the course can be delivered to groups as small as 2-3 with a cost being adjusted to this smaller requirement. Alternatively the course is also used for larger groups across larger organisations that are involved in larger scale recruitment. You could also consider our two day course.
What you learn:
- Describe the features of a ‘best practice’ recruitment process
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of different selection methods and interview formats
- Use effective questioning skills to select the best candidate for a role
- Explain the legal requirements of recruitment interviewing (e.g. legislation relating to discrimination)
- Generate appropriate questions and interview topics to be used in live interviews
- Demonstrate effective interviewing skills through skills practice and feedback in a safe environment
During the course you cover:
During this recruitment and selection training course, you will learn about:
- Introduction and welcome
- The recruitment process – best practice guide, and how to overcome problems and pitfalls
- The legal framework for recruitment
- Questioning skills, topics and techniques
- Listening skills and note taking
- Practice interview sessions, including preparation time and feedback
- Personal action planning
- Course evaluation and close
Delivery Formats & Consultancy Services:
In-house at or near your premises:-
All our in-house training course are available tailored to your and your companies/delegates needs with our CTP (customised training programme) solution. Designed to meet any challenge or level required. Ask for a full proposal for your training, tailored to suit you. In-house training at your premises – £949 for a group of up to 12 (ex-travel*). *Travel charged at 45 pence per mile