Equality Impact Assessment Course
Equality Impact Assessment is a legal requirement, in the context of public sector equality, which is designed to prevent discrimination in the execution of public duties and ensure that every possible measure is taken in the pursuit of promoting equality.
This professional equality impact assessment training course provides you and your organisation with a structured and process driven approach to conducting an impact assessment.
What will I learn?
The current outline for this equality impact assessment training course enables you to:
- Describe what an Equalities Impact Assessment is
- Explain the key principles of anti-discrimination legislation, and the legal requirements on public sector bodies for conducting Equalities Impact Assessments, in line with the equality act 2010
- Explain the business case for conducting Equalities Impact Assessments – including how it benefits the organisation in provision of goods and services to the community
- Assess the impact of their own work area on various equalities communities Explain how to conduct a consultation with equalities communities, and why this is important
- Conduct an Equalities Impact Assessment on a ‘real’ project, with support from the tutor and fellow delegates
- Complete the relevant documentation to the standard required by the organisation
During this equality impact assessment training course, you will learn about:
- Introduction and Welcome
- Scene Setting and Background
- The Legal Framework (PSED)
- The Business Case for Equality Impact Assessments
- Guidance, and the Process
- Conducting Consultation Meetings and Workshops
- Practical Exercises and Examples
- Personal Action Planning
- Course Evaluation and Close
Run Instructor led on Line & In-house Courses – £949 per day
Duration: This course is delivered over: 1 day, there are other delivery option available.
*All prices are excluding travel charged with In-house courses at 45 pence per mile.
This course is currently unavailable as a public course