The Diverse Manager Training Course
Modern day managers and team leaders should have the quintessential element of tackling all types of people in their team and keeping them united, this diversity course for managers will provide you with the skills, understanding, and knowledge to manage your teams and colleagues successfully.
What will I learn
The current outline for this diverse manager training course enables you to:
- What is diversity?
- Define diversity and how it differs from a traditional view of equal opportunities
- Explain a range of benefits to taking an equality diversity led approach to the workplace
- Describe the key features of UK employment law which cover diversity issues
- Use appropriate language and terminology within the workplace
- Describe the content of their own diversity, equal opportunities policies, and consider their responses to a range of ‘real world’ cultural diversity issues
- Define harassment and bullying and describe the different forms they can take
- Describe the consequences and effects of harassment and bullying
- Explain how harassment and bullying situations should be dealt with, in line with organisational policy
- Define culture and some of the ways that it manifests itself – in all aspects of life
- Describe some of the ways in which different groups of people differ, in terms of cultural diversity – such as customs and practices, and ways of communicating
- State their response to a number of practical issues of cultural difference, which they may experience as part of their job
- Prepare a personal action plan for how to transfer their learning from today back to the workplace
During this diverse manager training course, you will learn about:
- Defining Equality and Diversity
- Benefits of Diversity
- Diversity and Equality and the Law
- Diversity in the organisation Diversity in practice – Examples and case studies
- Language and Terminology
- Harassment and Bullying
- Performance management or bullying?
- Cultural diversity – an introduction
- Cultural diversity in practice – Examples and case studies
- Personal action planning
- Evaluation and Close
Run In House
In-house Courses – £949 per day
Duration: This course is delivered over: 1 day
*All prices are excluding travel charged at 45 pence per mile.