Conflict Resolution Course
All of us experience conflict. It is estimated that companies spend £172 settling disputes & that £1.7m employees report they have been unfairly treated. According to the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) the cost of workplace conflict is an estimated annual £33bn to UK businesses. It is also a drain on precious time, taking up 20% of leadership time and resulting in 370 million lost days.
At times we lose sight of the fact that all this conflict is normal. So long as people are individuals there will be the potential for conflict. Since you can’t prevent conflict, the most important thing is to learn how to handle or manage it in productive ways. What is critical for resolving conflict is developing an understanding of and a trust in, shared goals. It requires openness, discipline and creativity. Showing respect for other people and not blaming them enables people to work for mutual benefit. These are the skills that you develop in this two day course.
What will I learn
During this interactive, linked and practical conflict resolution training course, you will learn about:
- The positives and negatives of conflict, concern for self, concern for others, where do you score?
- Types of conflict, explore negotiation, mediation, diplomacy, and creative peace building.
- The Johari window, a model to help you understand your relationship with yourself & others.
- The five stages of conflict, Avoidance, Yielding, Competitive, Cooperation, Conciliation styles
- Your conflict resolution style? Examine yourself & see what you use.
- The Communication Funnel, what did you hear and what did they say?
- Questioning and listening skills. Are the issues clear, what is the current zone of negotiation.
- Seven steps to ironing things out
- Facilitation skills, helping others to resolve disputes.
- Setting norms, sources of conflict and creating the culture and behaviours to reduce conflict.
- Making an intervention, short-term, long-term, and immediate actions
The current outline for this conflict resolution training course enables you to:
- Understand what conflict is and how it can escalate.
- Recognise the five most common conflict resolution styles and when to use them.
- Increase positive information flow through non-verbal and verbal communication skills.
- Develop effective techniques for intervention strategies.
- Strengthen staff trust and moral.
- Become more confident of your ability to manage conflicts to enhance productivity and performance.
Run In House In-house Courses – £949 per day
Duration: This course is delivered over 2 days
*All prices are excluding travel charged at 45 pence per mile.
This course is currently unavailable as a public course
Other Conflict Resolution Courses that may interest you…