IOSH Managing Safely
To ensure that safety requirements are appreciated by people employed as line managers, and to enable them to review their own departmental systems for safety, introducing new controls or implementing changes as appropriate to ensure safety in the workplace.
An IOSH Managing Safely certificate is awarded to all those who attend the course and successfully complete both the written and practical assessments.
Understanding of the course material is evaluated by means of a 45-minute written assessment paper consisting of 20 multi-format questions and a practical assessment.
What you learn and cover during the course:
This IOSH managing safely course outline ensures you are able to:
- Explain ‘working safely’
- Explain the component parts of a recognised safety management system such as HSG65, BS 8800, and OHSAS 18001
- Identify the data and techniques required to produce an adequate record of an incident and demonstrate the procedure for an accident investigation, recognising the human factors involved
- Describe statutory requirements for reporting and procedures for checking for non-reporting
- Describe methods of basic trend and epidemiological analysis for reactive monitoring data
- Define ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’, and describe the legal requirements for risk assessment
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of a quantitative risk assessment technique and the data required for records
- Describe workplace precaution hierarchies
- Prepare and use active monitoring checklists and implement schedules for active monitoring, recording results and analysing records
- Outline the main provisions of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Outline relevant health and safety legislation, codes of practice, guidance notes and information sources such as the Health and Safety Executive.
Duration: This course is delivered over: 4 days
IOSH Managing Safely is available as a both a Public Course across our UK wide training centres or as In Business Training at your premises for groups.
Cost for the courses is:
Public Course – per delegate £540 including certificate/resource materials and registration
In Business Training – £3300 for delivery (ex travel, charged at 45 pence per mile)