Emergency First Aid Training
This emergency first aid training course enables you to act as an appointed person within your organisation responsible for frontline first aid. You are able to take charge of the first aid arrangements, including looking after the equipment and facilities and calling the Emergency Medical Services when required, along with learning basic life sustaining techniques.
Currently this course is regulated by the HSE, however in October 2013 this regulation changes allowing professional training providers and approved First Aid Trainers to deliver emergency first aid training without having to provide an HSE certificate.
This course is compliant with the current legislation and will receive an HSE certificate until the regulations change.
What you learn:
Upon completing the emergency first aid training course delegates will learn how to:
- Give front line first aid assistance (CPR, Choking, Wounds, Shock, Minor Burns)
- Assess situations and act accordingly
- Understand the need for accurate reporting
- Use available equipment
During the course you cover:
On completion of the emergency first aid training, successful candidates should be able to:
Understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection;
- The need for recording incidents and actions;
- Use of available equipment;
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock; provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries
- (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
Emergency First Aid Training is currently available as In Business Training at your premises for groups.
Cost for the courses is:
In Business Training – £550.00 for delivery per day for a group of up to 12-15 (ex travel charged at 45 pence per mile)