Management Skills Training
Designed for new or existing managers who have not received formal training before this 2 day management skills training course provides you with the fundamental skills, knowledge and practical ability to manage yourself and your new team. Working through management areas such as delegation, prioritisation , leadership, standard setting and communication techniques you gain a set of robust skills that you can apply immediately within your team and your day to day role.
The course is highly participative and attempts to draw on real-life management situations to make the training easy to absorb and relevant to your workplace, combined with plenty of group discussion and practical management exercises this management skills course immerses you in a variety of topics and fundamental learnings to enhance your skills as a new manager.
You receive a certificate of attendance with this course, in addition to the certificate the course attracts 2 CPD (continuous personal development) points, ensuring you are recognised for your efforts.
If you decide that this course is suitable for a group of your managers (new and existing managers also benefit from attending together, as they can share best practice and experience) the management skills course can be fully tailored with additional content added/retracted to create a fully tailored learning solution.
What you learn:
By the end of this management skills course you should be able to:
- Delegate effectively
- Manage your time
- Prioritise your workloads
- Define yours and others expectations
- Set objectives and standards
- Understand effective communication
- Manage your team effectively
During the course you cover:
1 – Self Management
2 – Practical Leadership
3 – Managing Others
4 – Assertiveness
Self Management – Will focus on developing and enhancing management styles, and will cover:
- Time Management
- Self Awareness
Practical Leadership – Will provide practical ways in which to manage the day to day processes and procedures and includes:
- Defining your role
- Defining your and others expectations
- Leading through change
- Managing day to day situations
Managing Others – This module will provide the skills required to effectively manage staff and will cover:
- Setting standards
- Getting the best out of others
- Effective communication techniques – staff and line managers
- Objective and target setting
Assertiveness Training – This is designed to support the management of staff; it also will reinforce leadership skills and maintains your self-management techniques.
- Benefits of being assertive
- Understand different levels of assertiveness
- Submissive/aggressive behaviours, their definition and body language
- What’s best for the organisation, not just me?
- Be specific, stay relevant and achieve positive outcomes
- Barriers to assertiveness
- Recognise and deal with fear
- Assertive techniques
- Saying no assertively
All our in-house training course are available tailored to yours and your companies/delegates needs with our CTP (customised training programme) solution. Designed to meet any challenge or level required. Ask for a full proposal for your training, tailored to suit you.